Ireland’s 24-hour medical deputising and locum service specialising in providing an out-of-hours and home visiting service for GPs.
- An Irish owned company headed by Dr Pearse Phelan FRCP Edin
- Primarily used by general practitioners to provide patient cover when they are unable to do so themselves, particularly overnight and at weekends
- Working with the Ministry of Defence to provide members of the armed forces with a home visiting service
- Similar arrangements with An Garda Siochana and many international travel insurance agencies
- We act for GPs but if a patient is visiting from out of town or from abroad, Doctor on Duty will see them immediately on a once-off basis
When a patient makes a call to their GP’s surgery, the call either goes through to the GP’s own voicemail, where contact details for Doctor on Duty are given, or the call is redirected automatically to our offices. Our operator speaks with the patient whilst referring to the GP’s dedicated file on our system for all pertinent information.
A phone call to us does not necessarily result in a call-out, this depends on the prior instructions of the GP, which may be to take a message or advise the caller of the GP’s surgery timetable information.
- GPs avail of the Doctor on Duty service for a modest monthly subscription
- Private patients are charged at the time of consultation
- Fees for GMS calls are not charged to the patient but are recovered monthly from the patient’s own GP
- Every month hard copies of the deputy’s clinical notes are mailed to the GP
- Members are added to the list of GPs, listed by location, on the Mediserve web directory
Contact Care is Irelands integrated home support company. Our services include Home Care, Telecare, Telehealth & Care Call. We are one company providing one solution to your home care needs.
Read More >>
Doctor On Duty is a 24-hour, 365 day medical deputising and locum service. We specialise in providing an out-of-hours and home visiting service for GPs.
Mediserve Telehealthcare – our range of state-of-the-art technologies that monitor and help manage health conditions from remote locations or the comfort of your own home.